Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Art Every Day Month--Nov 11th



Ack! The month began to slip by without documenting my art making!

A quick recap of the last few days:

Nov 7--I performed with WING IT! Performance Ensemble for our InterPlay celebration and fundraising event. I had a friend take some video for me during the event, but then lost the camera on my way home. Nothing to post. :-(

Nov 8--I spent the day at my Pilates training, met up with friends for Tiki drinks, met up with other friends for a late night cup of tea. The tiki drinks were very creative! Does that count even though I didn't make them?

Nov 9--I spent the day in the theatre hanging lights for Shared Space 3. I am designing the lighting for this dance show this week. If you are in San Francisco this weekend, I highly recommend coming to see it!

Nov 10--Spent the day working in the InterPlay office and then taught my InterPlay class. We practiced different vocal techniques for storytelling. We did some small mini performances at the end--Three sentence stories to be exact.

Nov 11--TODAY! Well, you can see I finally went back to painting again. I felt a little out of the groove and am not satisfied with the final product. Maybe I will revisit it again in a few days and see if I feel inspired to alter it then.

And there you have my series of Three Sentence Stories covering the missing days of art making on this blog!

3 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

YAY!Another/performance/artist.(My/keyboard/isn't*working*right*so*excuse*my*weird*style*today.

It's*performance*too,*eh?LOL

Leah said...

you're a creative dynamo! i loved hearing about all the great stuff you've been up to.

i'm loving the layered pinwheel part of your painting and look forward to seeing where you take it!

Mendana said...

Thank you for that fun creative style comment, Julie!

And Thank you Leah for your encouraging words.