Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bad Art Day!



Something was unlocked today! Invite a perfectionist to make bad art, and she strives to outdo everyone else. "Bad Art" began in my InterPlay class tonight where I growled and made faces and swore to the group I would not create anything beautiful for the whole class.

Throughout the day, I visited some blogs of other artists participating in this Art Every Day Month. I thought to myself, "Their art isn't very bad. Self, you can do better than that!"

When I got home tonight, I grabbed all the wine corks out of the drawer that I have been saving "for some art project someday", grabbed my art box that has mostly beading supplies, but some other very gaudy items that I didn't have the heart to throw away because "I might use them someday for an art project," as well as a piece of cardboard from the pile of art sized pieces of cardboard that...you guessed it..."I might use for an art project someday."

I turned on some "Bad Art making" music and set to work. So much fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Here's to having FUN making some so-called bad art!

Mendana said...

So-called indeed! This morning, my husband looked at it and said, "I have some bad news. I think it's pretty cool." I looked at it again and agreed with him.

Drat! I will have to try again.

Gretchen Wegner said...

I agree. Pretty cool!! Live all the texture, and the colors complement each other so well. Your growling in class was beautiful, and so is this!!!