Thursday, November 5, 2009

Creative Sailing



This afternoon I played hooky and went sailing in Berkeley. Sailing on a small dinghy is exhilarating and terrifying for me.  I can't quite explain why. I am not usually a scaredy-cat. Often quite the opposite! (Well, I was a LITTLE scared during the white out on Mt Rainier last year.) Put me out on the water and all my edges get tested!

I love how fearless I feel jumping into Art Every Day Month. I realized that this is the first time I have made art just for me. My whole life has been making art as a career. All of my dance classes and degrees and supplemental training has been single focused on being a performer, creating art for others to enjoy. And I love that! Making art for myself (painting, photography, collage so far) is something new and different.

Here are some images from the pier. My attempt at documenting nature's art.





2 comments:

Addie K said...

Enchanting delicate photos Elizabeth! Thanks for sharing.

Mendana said...

Thank you Addie!