Sunday, November 1, 2009

Art Every Day Month--Nov 1st




The challenge has begun! I am participating in Art Every Day Month hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas. I am committing to making art every day for the month of November. It won't be perfect. It may not be any good. However, I am committing to the creative process. I am secretly hoping for new inspiration from this process to infiltrate my dance making and storytelling. Shhhhh!

Movement has been my primary language since before I could speak. (See some videos of recent choreography.) I will probably dance some this month as part of this challenge. (Watch for some video postings.) But I am really excited to try new things. Like today! Today's project is my first ever painting (except for whatever I did in school growing up).  This piece is 3"x3" and I used Acrylic paint. I haven't given it a title and I haven't signed it yet. These just add to the imperfection of it all!

6 comments:

Gretchen Wegner said...

This is great, Elizabeth!!! I love that it's 3"x3" that's about the size that I did for my "art cards" when I first started Leah's Creative Every Day Challenge. It's a doable size, definitely, for those of us who are visual-art-skittish. I enjoy how you played with white swirls and then yellow dots. We shapers do enjoy...ummmm....shapes! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! dance is my home base for an art form, too! Looking forward to seeing videos of your dancing.

Leah said...

Hooray!! This is fabulous, Elizabeth!!

linda said...

Wow, this is wonderful! Your first ever is so impressive! Great job and looking forward to all your posts!

Mendana said...

Thanks all!

The small canvas size was very doable. You definitely caught on to my exploration of shapes. You can bet there will be more.

Addie K said...

What an inspired idea! I'm enjoying seeing your artful journey from day to day. I'd like to try this another month myself :)